View Single Post
      01-25-2015, 06:29 PM   #8
doobienewbiedoo
Rep
Drives: 428i

Quote:
Originally Posted by joeyaoyp View Post
Thank you for your information. I am comparing either bavsound or focal.Looks like focal is a big brand for speaker too. Did you replace your subwoofer under the seat? I feels like there was no bass at all. I use to have a 335i that come with logic 7 speaker and that bass was amazing!
I was wondering to replace an amp too since it is not optical line signal.
I did not replace the stock subwoofer but mine does have decent bass. Again nothing mind blowing but I mean I can't expect too much from a stock system

I will say though that The bav sound mids and highs should complement an additional subwoofer very well. I saw the ghost sub that bavsound puts out but unfortunately they aren't available for the 4 series yet. I was also thinking that adding a kicker solobaric l7 (the square ones) right behind the armrest for the back seats would look pretty amazing. This is actually where bavsound actually puts there ghost subs in the available models but I think a square sub in that spot would look pretty clean.

If you do end up upgrading the amp and adding subs please be sure to post about it. Also if you chose to go with focal also let us know how the install process and quality are. It would be good for future upgraders to have a good comparison and there is already quite a bit of bavsound information around.