View Single Post
      03-21-2008, 10:22 PM   #1
KASM3
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2015 M4

I've heard and read it all....

Yes the M3 is expensive, the steering and clutch are light. It could be more agressive looking. The GTR is faster, C63 has more HP/Torgue and the M3 isnt selling.(Note: in todays market nothing much is) Wow, all very true but for those of us that have one I have to say the following:

There is a presence to this car that is hard to put into words.When you walk to the car or from it, you cannot stop smiling. You admire something new about it every time you approach it. Step into it and you feel like you are one with the car and are amazed by how vesatile it is. Wheteher giving a friend a ride or getting ready to hit the track. The exhaust sound at 3K is intoxicating. When you drive around even people who dont know what a M3 approach to ask questions or cut in and out of traffic to get a better look. The car is CLASSY. I know the GTR will garner attention as well but it has a freakish look that may only appeal to enthusiasts. (IMHO)

Honestly, I hope they dont sell a lot of these cars. I am enjoying this too much. My buddy has a 07 RS4 and he saw my M3 and all he could say was wow that car is gorgeous. He spent the next fifteen minutes wanting my M3. (dont get me wrong, I like his RS4 but the M3 is something special) So, I know there will always be a faster car, cheaper car, more agressive looking car but damn no car gives you a complete package like the M3. BMW did get it right. Once you drive it AND spend time with it, you will find that out. The car is on another level. I'm not bashing any other car and I say get what you want but the big picture on this car isn't realized with the M3 until you live with it for a few weeks and see the beast on the backroads, on the highways, in the rain and soon on the track. Its not just a 3 series!

My .02 Gentlemen start your engines!
Appreciate 0