View Single Post
      10-16-2016, 04:26 PM   #9
AWDBooSTIn90
Nomore
United_States
Rep
Drives: 335i Coupe 6MT N54

Projector fog lights will make the HID's even better. More efficient.

I would say go with a 35 watt HID kit, you can probably run a 55w kit, but then you'd have to test them and make sure heat isn't an issue. Not worth the trouble for fogs in my opinion..

35W Hid Kit w/5000K Bulbs. Perfect setup.

6000k is slightly blue, but the projectors will make them almost appear like a "5700K" bulb(slightly less blue) as opposed to my setup. Which are the oem pre-lci E92 fog lights. Which are reflector housing fogs. That together with 6000K bulb, which make them look visually from the outside of the car, too blue for me.

They're too much of a blue shade difference between the stock xenon bulbs. And just overall too blue for my taste.

Now from inside the car driving, my fogs lights are so good it makes a huge difference when i put them on. The "blu-ish white" light color, almost seems to be more helpful for seeing road damage/potholes. But I'm going to eventually switch my hid fog light bulbs out for 5000K bulbs and try that.

Im also going to get the Morimoto D1S xB xenon(hid) bulbs in 5500K version for the main beam projectors.

I know a lot of people that run the Morimoto xB bulbs and i also personally put them in my brother's E60 and they're 5 times better than the stock low/high beam bulbs. He's had them for about 3 years now with no problems..

Same story as anyone else ive ever talked too..

A good "budget" level but quality HID kit for the fogs would be the HID kits sold by DDM Tuning. Prob bought about a dozen sets so far including the fogs on my E92. Lifetime warranty. $45 after shipping's added on their website. Also either get a relay harness, a code eliminator harness, or have the coded to deal with Bulb errors of just PnP w/ no add on adapters to get around this.. coding's easy though

For main beams look at TheRetrofitSource dot com. They have the best quality and anything hid related with a great site and excellent customer service. There's also well priced budget minded quality bulbs and kits there too.
Appreciate 2