06-20-2010, 09:00 PM   #17
Greenkirby21
Vrooom :)
United_States
Rep
Drives: C7 Stringray

Quote:
Originally Posted by supraking View Post
Here's what you need to do. First off, make sure you're filling up with 91 Octane gas. The next time you're on the highway, reset your average consumption counter. Then hit 75mph, pop it into 6th gear, and turn on the cruise control. Toward the end of your drive (while STILL cruising at 75 on the highway), read your average consumption. Should be up around 28-32. If not, take the car back to BMW.

I suspect there's nothing wrong with your car, it's probably just your driving habits. I don't mean that in a bad way, I mean you may be able to squeeze a lot more juice out of your car by altering the way you shift, accelerate, etc. Just check to make sure you're getting the proper mileage on the highway as described above. If not, take your car back to BMW and go for a test drive with them. Your car should perform to the ratings listed in their official product spec sheet!
hehe wow u read my mind! well here we only have 87,89 and 93 so i fill up with 93 gas. i might take a video and post it on here to see whats up ^_^. ty so much guys!