View Single Post
      09-27-2005, 08:10 PM   #4
timzerofive
there is no spoon
Rep
Drives: 330i manual

Garage List
2006 330i  [0.00]
hey everyone, I dont have an exact set price yet since my friend haven't told me how much they're going to charge me for each of these fiberglass lips yet. It would probably be $400.

Quote:
how much for pick up?
i would be interested in picking 1 up once my car arrives. do u know how durable it is? i know fiberglass cracks when scrapped. is it possible for your friends to make them in a stronger material?
If you want to pick up in southern california then that'll be fine. Fiberglass are very strong, depending on how they're made from what I understand. Depending on the number of layers, the type & amount of resin, the skill of the person making it, a fiberglass kit can be real strong or crack when u touch it. The original one is made out of fiberglass too, but they did make it rather thick so it seems durable. The one my friend made are as strong, and more flexible then the original one, so you don't have to worry too much about cracking unless you hit something hard.

You want even stronger then fiberglass, then I guess you can wait for the carbon fiber one I have coming, but the price will be a lot higher.
Appreciate 0