View Single Post
      09-21-2016, 09:19 AM   #5
MannySingh
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 335is

Quote:
Originally Posted by JasW View Post
Oh, that thread. Yeah, I've posted in it. Primarily right after I had catless DPs put in and was looking to get rid of the rasp. That led me to putting in the Vibrants in place of the secondaries, which didn't work despite others swearing up and down it did. Then I was in your shoes -- completely catless, super loud, and smoke coming out when stopped. If I were in Cali, I would have been ticketed, too.

You're going to have a tough time putting in the Vibrants and keeping the secondary cats. There was really only one other place on the IS to put them, and that was almost flush against the gas tank. The custom exhaust shop guy said no-no-no, you don't want to do that.
How much do the vibrants tone down our exhaust? Im hoping to get my fix it ticket signed off by hopefully just adding a resonator or 2..Do you think it would work? I tried my best to convince the cop it was still a stock exhaust due to my mufflers are still on. But when he reard the rasp it was a deal breaker. So I just told him that i took out the resonators. No way in hell I was going to say im catless
Appreciate 0