10-02-2023, 03:28 PM   #20
andrewmr
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2020 M4

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by overcoil View Post
My wife as a hobby likes doing still photography with her iPhone.

Wanted to try astrophotography. And I like taking pictures in the city of railroad, bridges etcetera.

The Hasselblad 907x - price and lens pkg - would be a nice special item and aware of autofocus slowness ? Aware of lens prices when adding in the future.

The Leica SL ( I think SL3 projected for 2024 ) the initial price is serious and I don’t know the products well enough ( Hasselblad price I think it’s is under 7k usd and Leica SL was closer to 10k )

What special camera would you get ?

Ok, I don't usually reply to these kind of posts as they go into a different direction so quickly. Not knowing what you (your wife) really want out of a camera makes it almost impossible to make a recommendation. I did see later that the camera was really for you.... so..... let's try.

The two cameras you mention are certainly very nice cameras. You say you want to try astrophotography (long lens - close images of the moon and IIS (or other planets), or wide for panoramic shots) and then mention city shoots of bridges and stuff (wide angle lens).

I shoot Canon stuff (old DSLR). My main setup is a D1sMKIII with a 400mm f.2.8 lens. As I said, old school stuff. I primarily shoot road race events and drag race stuff, and that setup works well for me. An ultra wide angle zoom works for on pit road and around the pits.

I saw someone shooting a large format camera and said if I ever wanted to upgrade I would have to try this out. The images he showed me were spectacular.

https://fujifilm-x.com/en-us/products/cameras/gfx100/

Last edited by andrewmr; 10-02-2023 at 03:59 PM..
Appreciate 1