View Single Post
      01-11-2022, 04:04 PM   #31
Humdizzle
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: GT3 + M2c

https://cleantechnica.com/2019/06/14...-over-5-years/

^ pretty interesting article in terms of cost breakdown. 40k tesla cost over 5 years is about the same as a 25k civic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by StradaRedlands View Post
I have two like-minded friends that independently purchased eGolfs for commuting. Great cars, only limited a bit by short range. But they only drive 20 miles a day and can charge at home, so NBD. I have been looking at those as well as the MINI Cooper SE because they still seem like cars with mechanical switchgear. Buttons, knobs, and levers are what I'm all about... don't want any screens or at least as minimal as I can get. And they still seem like decently fun cars to drive and retaining a bit of the base car they come from. And I love the idea of not having to worry about valve cover gaskets or waste time at a gas station. For commuting we'll probably get one sooner rather than later to have in tandem with a family ICE car to do everything else. Only downside is that i can purchase four E90s for the price of one of their cars. In fact I bought my 330i sedan from one of the eGolf owners mentioned above!
i had no idea a mini EV existed. i'll admit that thing looks pretty cool and would work for my 75 mile round trip commute. hmmm

2018 Porsche GT3 6MT
2021 M2C DCT
Previous: Ferrari 458 | R35 GTR | F80 M3 | E46 M3 | E36 M3 | Scion FRS
Appreciate 2