View Single Post
      01-07-2019, 10:07 AM   #17
mcbooya
Registered
Rep
Drives: Z4 3.0 2004

I have had my 2004 3.0 for about 8-9 years now, bought it at 80k, now has about 110k on it (summer car only). I haven't really had too many issues, and wouldn't be concerned buying the car again if I trusted the seller and had service records.

My car's issues:
1 - Randomly started misfiring, mechanics couldn't figure it out but went away on its own. Possibly bad gas.
2 - Soft top motor drain holes plugged and corroded motor - took out, cleaned up the corrosion and it has worked fine ever since
3 - Radiator Expansion tank had a tiny pinhole leak - fairly easy process to change out.
4 - Someone popped their hitch through my bumper in a parking lot - replacement used rear bumper cover on ebay was an easy fix.
5 - Console top latch squeak - took apart and sprayed with teflon.
6 - Airbag checklight - used a special code reader to reset the Airbag sensor and it hasn't come back on.
7 - Rear springs look corroded at base and will need get replaced soon.
8 - Battery terminal accident disconnect sensor had an issue causing check engine light. Used a resistor so the sensor would think its fine, and disconnect.
9 - Serpentine belts replaced, Fluids to happen soon.
10 - Steering wheel "catch" in hot weather -seems to have a catch point in the travel of the steering wheel that takes extra pressure to overcome. Liekly a servo issue and a bigger fix than I cared to take on. Went away on its own except for in very hot weather, still a little annoying.
Appreciate 0