07-10-2013, 05:41 PM   #17
64-bit
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 19 Ford Raptor - On Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by e92ben
Hey guys I just installed a jb4 stage 2 on my n20 328i. I got it from mike@n54tuning! He's a great guy I recommend anyone to buy from him! He's helped me out on good deals and great customer service from my old 335i and this 328i I just bought.

Anyways

Installation was easy. Took me about 10 mins. The DIY guide from the stage 2 and the jb4 install can be found easily on burger motorsports and the this forum.

First ride. Well maybe I was expecting much much more out of this. I started the car up after installation and let it idle. Made sure there's no lights or odd noises. Then went for a ride. Let the car warm up past 160°, after that I tried it in comfort (I never use) to see how the difference is. It was a little snappier and throttle response wasn't great improved but it was a bit better.. Then I switched to sport-plus. Everyone that gave they're review on stage 1 wrote how the car is "on crack" in sport mode or its a huge difference from stage 1 blah blah.. I don't know. Anyways, the car is a bit faster, the big difference is when you get into higher rpms. Better when over taking cars or highway speeds. The tires smoked up with a little less effort and stuff like that..
Overall I was very very unimpressed by this. I remember the days when I put a jb4 in my 335i and the difference was unbelievable. Of course they are two different beasts but still. This sucks lol. Maybe it's me and Im used to much faster cars (e60 M5 & fbo+meth jb4 g5 335i) but this car just got boring after a month. I bought this jb stage 2 to kind of save me from trading this car in and getting a 335i or a new s4 for a daily driver.. It's not help

-Worth $500+ for the jb4 and stage 2 upgrade? No

-Is it faster than before? Yes

I don't want to bash anyone or burger motorsports because I always use their products but just not happy. Also the 0-60 is no where to 4.9 like they advertise. That must be on some sticky tires and down hill haha

Anyways you guys have a great Sunday! Watch dexter! Haha
Thank for sharing.