Colonel
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2023 X7 40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by praxis218 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by harperium View Post
as far as i can tell, the M340i has the same engine as the 340i MPPSK - they just built in the Power & Sound Kit instead of making it an add-on. The M340i has slightly higher top-end HP, but the same torque, which is probably the result of an ECU tweak?

All the M40i engines are the same.

There are lots of videos on the sound of the 340 MPPSK - I listen to it every day LOL. Sounds grrrreat!
There are different B58 versions. Yours is B58B30M0.

2019+ is B58B30O1: G20 M340i (US), Z4 M40i (US), and Toyota Supra.
Additionally not sure if the MPPSK exhaust system carries fully over to the m40i motors...

Maybe someone else with experience owning or driving both MPPSK and an M40i can lend clarity. For those like myself that have MPPSK on an f3X car there is a VERY pronounced difference between comfort and sport mode as 2 muffler bypass valves open... in sport it is LOUD. I haven't read similar commentary on the M40i around that feature so I just don't have the answer.... but it's a worthwhile question.

My suspicion is that the M40i is either a copy of mppsk or a hybrid version, not quite as insane as mppsk sport but more than comfort in everyday driving
Appreciate 0