Thread: AA Stage 2 e93
View Single Post
      03-03-2011, 08:34 PM   #1
Krypptic
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E92M, GT3

AA Stage 2 e93

I started out with an e92 6 speed. I left the car bone stock. I then traded it in for an e93 and this time opted for the dct. Needless to say, I caught the mod bug. I went with the akra evo exhaust and did not want to use the deleter so I hopped on the Fla turnpike and an hour later had AA uploading their ecu software. While waiting I went for a ride in their supercharged e90. All I can say is it scared me, and I knew I wanted it. My car felt noticeably quicker and drove great, but...

One month later I was back at Active, And with the help of Omar and their great crew I now have the new stage 2 kit and it is sweet. First and foremost, service was top notch as was the workmanship.

As for the car, it finally has some real usable torque. Car is effortless below 4k. Partial throttle is smooth as can be, and full throttle is sick. The dct struggles with traction through third gear. The DTC seems to be overpowered. The character of the car remains intact, but the rush over 5k is really intense. Some serious urgency.

Also love that the automatic mode feels perfectly unmolested. It drives real smooth when you need it especially in traffic. An added perk of the kit is that seems to have made the exhaust quite louder. Not overly loud, but the akra was not this great before.

I am thoroughly pleased.
Appreciate 0