View Single Post
      11-02-2010, 12:34 PM   #17
LuvMyE92
Occasionally frequent poster
Rep
Drives: CT5V-Blackwing

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuvMyE92 View Post
The kit that I referenced above is not a "space saver" but it is a smaller wheel and tire than OE. Since it is for the E60 it should fit the F10, but one of these days (maybe this weekend?) I'll verify that it actually does fit and clear the brakes.
OK, yesterday I actually got around to jacking up the car and removing a front wheel to check on this 17" spare wheel. Dang! It is big enough to clear the caliper in circumference, but the front of the caliper hits the wheel. I've ordered some spacers which I think will take care of the problem. I will update the thread when I have a chance to verify that it will work. Yes, it just keeps getting more and more expensive, but it's still cheaper than buying a full-size OE wheel and tire. The spacers come in pairs, so if it works, I'd likely sell my spare if anyone is interested. It's a 5mm spacer.

As for the sport package cars - I don't see why this won't work for you as well, as long as the wheel fits (and with a spacer it should, as your brakes are the same as mine) with a spacer as noted above. Sure, the car will list to the side and you'll likely need to turn off the DSC, DTC, etc. because of the different rotation speeds, but you'll get home OK. And that's what really matters.
Past: E24,E28(3),E34,E36,E37,E38(2),E39(4),E46,E89,E92 (obviously),F01,F06,F10,F30,F87,G12,G30(2),G82(2)
Appreciate 0