02-14-2006, 07:01 AM   #16
mapezzul
Special Agent
United_States
Rep
Drives: Depends on the day!

Quote:
Originally Posted by E90-4life
Some people just can't handle not being right, that's real immaturity, but I'm not here for petty arguments such as this. It's a fact that Porsche was the first to use this technology, NOT VW/Audi.
Sorry you are the immature one, the post I was referring to originally was the one that stated that Getrag developed the transmission for Audi and that they (Getrag) owned the rights and anyone could by those rights with enough money. Never was mentioned who first used the technology, that is irrelevant since the original technology was never intended for street use, I was not arguing just validating that point. There are a lot of rude people who state things that are invalid with no proof and then they are taken as fact. If I did not post what I did people would believe that the DSG is a Getrag designed and produced product which is untrue. My post was to correct that inaccuracy then you came in and said I was incorrect ERRRRRRR wrong, immature a bit. So please re-read the thread and find where it says anything about who had the technology first.... nowhere then realize the technology has been around for almost 60 years but inapplicable to street cars because of the original rudimentary designs and the technology was not there /affordable. Borg Warner/ Vw and Audi changed this and they have created the future of transmissions; Ford will producing one as well. Have a nice day.