Thread: Weird Tire Wear
View Single Post
      05-11-2022, 09:22 AM   #20
1norseman
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: X5 50i

I have found alignment shops are not always doing a good job, people relying on their alignment machine over the naked eye. Just last weekend I could see my car wasn't right, but alignment shop claimed it was done. In their defense, they had not been exposed to H&R VTF and SPC camber arms before. So I'm heading back again this week for a redo.

Regardless, if alignment is done right and you are not constantly driving with lots of weight on one side of the vehicle, rotating tires or not should not make one tire wear down differently than the other side.

If you have a square set up and aligned correctly, the only way you should be able to get uneven wear, is if a shop doesn't bother marking the tires and puts back tires in the wrong place. I.e switches front and back on one side only.
(Side note; I'm not sure about all the sizes of OEM wheels, but I believe for the F15's, the 19" versions are the only ones that are not staggered. AFAIK vehicles with OEM 20", or 21" wheels are all staggered set ups, and can't be rotated. But I could be wrong.)

I hope your new alignment takes care of issue. I'd recommend marking your tires also, so you know they were put back on the vehicle in the right place anytime you have work done.
Appreciate 0