View Single Post
      06-26-2018, 07:36 AM   #2698
blau iii
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2008 335i schwartz on scwartz

Quote:
Originally Posted by glennQNYC View Post
My only pistol is a 9mm HK P30, so another pistol is next on my list. Some directions I'm considering:

A. Buy a used 9mm Glock with the intent of fully modifying it. I haven't done anything to my HK and feel the itch to build a customized pistol like I have with my AR-15 rifle and Benelli M4 shotgun.

B. 45 cal Springfield TRP Operator 1911. I don't have a 45 or a steel pistol, and this seems like a nice piece that isn't too expensive.

C: The ZroDelta Z9 is intriguing. It's a Glock Gen 3 patterned modular 7075 aluminum pistol. This might just split the difference of the above.

Not very committed to anything now. Considering other options... Perhaps a some other 1911, a Sig, or maybe a CZ.
I cc a G19 and have for the past decade, it's dead nuts reliable and super simple, tons of aftermarket. That being said, I picked up a CZ P09 Suppresor ready in urban gray, a few months ago. this thing is a damn tack driver. holds 21 rounds.

Another route you might want to explore if you plan to modify a glock is to get an 80% lower and completely build yours from scratch. I think this will be my next project for a g17 or 34.

All that being said, my 1911 is in my range bag for every trip, along side my ruger mark ii .22. both of these guns are just a pure joy to shoot.
Appreciate 0