View Single Post
      12-11-2018, 03:13 PM   #9
redhot47fla
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '24 iX M60, '24 X6 40i ordered

Well, let me say first that I am certain that this is an anomaly. And it's one that I cannot fully account for, and I greatly doubt that it will be repeated anywhere, maybe even here in North Florida.

We just signed the papers on an M850i, Alpine over Night Blue/Black Merino, with Driving Assistance Plus/Active Driving Assistant Pro (no longer available on the configurator), Comfort Seating, the M Carbon Roof and the (to me) redundant and not really necessary Anthracite Alcantara Headliner. It has 30 miles on it, about six of which were put on by me.MSRP, including destination charge: $119,145.

The deal:

- $4,170 off MSRP sticker (3.5 percent)
- $2,000 loyalty credit, tied to accepting BMW financing
- $500 USAA credit (I'm an Army veteran)

Actual cost of car: $112,475, plus tax, tag, "dealers fee," etc.

That was further reduced by a fair-market trade allowance on my 440i (I had done the research). I also got them to tint the windows.

The dealer is Capital Eurocars in Tallahassee. The salesman is Jeremy Christoph.

I'm an OK negotiator, but I'm not THAT good. After the papers were signed, I asked why they were so eager to deal on a one-of-its kind car (in this region) that they may not see again for some time.

They simply said that they work hard to make a deal, especially with a repeat customer such as me. (This is the fourth BMW we've bought here in about seven years.)

I have to think that something else is going on, but I'll be danged if I can figure out what it might be.

After waiting for tinting and final prep, we pick up The Beast on Thursday.

Last edited by redhot47fla; 12-12-2018 at 08:50 PM..
Appreciate 0