View Single Post
      03-01-2018, 11:45 AM   #5
RPiM5
Major General
Rep
Drives: Black M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by frankchn View Post

Heck, even Porsche almost went under when they only built 911s and Boxsters, and nowadays they really are an SUV company that also happens to build some sports cars.
Ha! Ain't that the truth! Lol! The Macan is their most important model and the real money maker for them these days absolutely. Sadly, you are correct though. 99% of M5 buyers are not the type to go to the race track or do a spirited canyon run every weekend, but then again neither are Porsche 911 buyers either. Heck even Lambo Huracan owners don't even drive that car to the full potential on a regular basis. For everyday usable performance, yes the F90 M5 is currently at its zenith. I'll make an assessment when I get my chance at behind the wheel of an F90 M5, and I know it'll be fast, but whether I'll actually enjoy the drive, I don't know. I will be the first one to admit though that a bone stock Pre-LCI F10 M5 was definitely not a great drivers car either, but with modifications it has become one of the very best. So we shall see.

Appreciate 2
frankchn287.50