04-03-2018, 12:01 PM   #4
Xtianh
LA transplant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 M2 MG

Quote:
Originally Posted by greasypeanut View Post
I would say you don't need anything at all. But I see you're in LA. What group you going with? Speed district gives you a lot more track time in one day than speed ventures. If I was doing a day with speed district, it wouldn't hurt to look into pads. Who knows maybe you're a natural and by the end of the day you might be fast enough to leave some deposits on your rotors.
Thanks for your reply. I was looking at both. I take it that you prefer Speed District? I was thinking about heading to Speed District on April 20th. I just got Pagid RS29s on amazon for $280... seems like a good deal.

I guess I have two questions:

1. Is there any downside to installing the Pagids for my first track day? It seems like there COULD be a downside to NOT installing them.

2. Do I also need to change out my brake fluid (to castrol srf), or is that something I don't need to worry about yet?

Thanks!