View Single Post
      06-29-2020, 12:52 PM   #14
zx10guy
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2013 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by vreihen16 View Post
You can try to tell them that you sold the car and no longer have the radio, but the bastages appear to have a link to DMV records and will keep on pestering you until they see the VIN changed to a new owner. My DW was pestered for 10 years on a used pickup that she bought with a Sirius receiver, and the only thing that stopped it was when she sold the truck.

Remember that companies like Sirius that only let you terminate service by phone do this so that they can forward you to their high-pressure customer retention departments, who will try *anything* to keep your monthly payment coming in. Have an immutable reason why you are disconnecting, like a job transfer that's moving you to Australia or Alaska where their service doesn't work. Otherwise, you'll be on the phone with them for an hour feeling like you're starring in an episode of Pawn Stars.....
Didn't need an hour for me to cancel. Yes, the rep transferred me to another high pressure rep. The rep kept coming up with options and things for me to stay. I kept saying no. The rep finally asked what it would take for me to stay with them. I told the rep to move my channel back to the channel number it was before. The rep said she would provide this feedback and was certain that something would be worked out. I said no. I told her I will sign back up when they actually execute. That was about 4 years ago. Still waiting. The whole process for me to cancel took maybe 15 minutes.
Appreciate 0