View Single Post
      04-13-2007, 11:19 AM   #22
bmw0perat0r
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 M4 Austin Yellow

I took my 98 M3 to VOB once upon a time about 1-2 years ago now. They refinished the front end - quarter panels, hood and bumper. I needed road rash removed.

Well I was paying out of pocket, they completed the work inside of 1 week while i was away on business. When i took delivery of the car I noticed that the paint didn't exactly match the rest of the vehicle. (dakar yellow)

I took it back and complained nicely, they took the car for 2-3 days and when I returned they had faded the quarter panels into the sides of the car. Now it looks like new. I would say my experience was fair to good with them.

They did a nice job of painting, I had a few issues here and there with it - the color match, some globs of paint in the brake air duct (bumper) and such - they fixed them without issue.

I would still recommend going to Wagonworks or someplace else. It was expensive and i'm a perfectionist - so if i pay over 2k for refinishing I expect the best. They didn't provide "The Best" in my opinion.

I think paying cash as opposed to insurance puts a little fire under their butts.
Appreciate 0