View Single Post
      04-25-2017, 01:43 PM   #22
3Si
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 16 M2, 16 Macan S, 08 Elise SC

I have 3M Pro with Glass Pro coating on it. IMHO, the 3M is well worth the money. Most of you talk about stone chips, but other than chips, I have had minor scratches from other cars or shopping carts that just rubs off from the film. The self-healing feature is real. Yes it's true that you can probably spend the same money and repaint it from time to time, but for me, I hate bringing my car to a body shop. Waste of time and always worry if they will take it out for a joy ride or coming back with more random scratches.

It all comes down to your OCD level. If you don't mind stone chips/scratches here and there, then don't bother. Have it repainted when you feel the need. I've gone through that route and I've always had problems with the new layer of paint being very brittle, and once I get my first ding, it would bug the hell out of me until I get it done again. My OCD level is quite high, so it is a must for me. The extra coating is mainly for the shine and doesn't really add much protection. Merely saves me some time from wash and waxing.
Appreciate 0