Thread: Badge Delete?
View Single Post
      10-29-2007, 08:57 PM   #22
Sigma
Rep
Drives:

Quote:
Originally Posted by WolfsburgerMitFries View Post
Well said Templedogg. How the hell did we get to a point in society where people actually believe they are improving their car by taking parts like the factory badging off? Its the most insanely stupid trend going right now. Oh wait...I get it, the car will be lighter and faster without a badge.

Remember all the fools in the early to mid 90s that wore their jeans hanging half way off their ass and their underwear sticking 3 inches up over their pants, a la Marky Mark? Those dumb asses most have all grown up and decided to start taking the badges off their cars.

Every decade there's sure to be another retarded trend that spreads like wildfire. What ever happened to baby Daytons and wheel spacers? 10 years ago, you couldn't beat wiggers out of that stupid crap with a Louisville slugger. And debadging is every bit as stupid.
Sorry to burst your bubble, but debadging is FAR from a new thing from this decade. It's been done by auto enthusiasts since cars first appeared on the road and was immensely popular in the 60s and early 70s back when Detroit would put a massive motor in damn near anything they made with the badge on the rear often being about the only differentiation -- which would often be quickly removed. It was much more broadly practiced back then than it is today. Today the ricer tradition of upbadging is far more common than debadging.

Personally I don't do it to make people wonder what's 'under the hood'. I do it because the asymmetry of the rear with the badge bothers me. Not to mention having to wax around those damn letters.
Appreciate 0