Alpina_B3_Lux
Colonel
Rep
Drives: Audi R8 LMX, BMW M550i xDrive

Garage List
2009 335i  [8.90]
Quote:
Originally Posted by phil200tdi View Post
No LSD but I'm increasingly thinking that it is necessary, just don't want to drop £2k on it right now. If one comes up for a reasonable price and I can get away with it then that's another story!

I can't wait to see the numbers you are pushing with RB turbos and meth.
I can really tell you from my own experience that an LSD is an excellent investment, in particular for such a highly modded car as yours with that mountain of torque. I enjoy mine every day and in particular now with the RBs the DSC would probably play christmas tree every three seconds if I didn't have one. It's expensive for sure (also not easy to install), but well worth it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by idnan View Post
Cool, I'm eager to see your review of them.

I'm getting them installed at Darren Wood in Manchester next Wednesday and will be picking it up on the Saturday. I was planning on going to the 'Ring later on in the year but in my e36 328i track car. Although I'm in two minds whether to keep that when it is finished or sell it and use the e92.

Did you get the installation problem sorted? IIRC you had a water leak.
Yeah, it took a week longer and cost a ***load of cash, but it seems to be all sorted now. One of the turbos was defective (a section of the water line connection had broken off) and had to be replaced, but Rob Beck was fantastic and shipped one over from the US within three days.

I had two additional problems though: My mechanic forgot to reconnect the evaporative solenoid (see my thread in the US section) which gave me the 2A19 error code, and the vanos solenoids gave me a limp mode and so I had them replaced as well. Was all done today, so now the car should be ready to rumble. I'm currently testing a COBB stage 3 pump map, and a methanol map will also be made available to me within short. But right now it's snowing again, so I couldn't test or datalog anything anyway. Car feels great though, I'm sure you'll enjoy the upgrade!

Alpina_B3_Lux

P.S. Would be great if you came to one of the two 'Ring track days, in particular with your E92!