View Single Post
      11-15-2023, 03:53 PM   #31
nazali
Major
Canada
Rep
Drives: 230 2020 vert F23

No sir, that is what they were and already getting from youtube.
when it was free and ad-free

youtube was working for free.... really... I dont think so...

what is youtube premium going to, that money previously was NOT already going to. they run a business, they are now taking money for something... whats it going to

YOU know the answer and it's not the content creators that is what all that crap youtube is showing on there ads, going to "content creators"
you tube has over heads, they are a business and get FREE MONEY and TAX BENEFITS

For example.... I am a contractor, anything I buy for the business or do for the business I get a tax break on, when I charge HST at 13% I ACTUALLY pay something like 8% to the CRA, I keep the rest

so a multi-milltion $$$ business is taking money investing it and getting tax breaks

They have ALL our data and are selling it.

That's my problem, when the give money to charity they get a tax break.

Honestly I don't mind targeted advertising, BMW, computers etc
I dont want Sh*T about fooking cannabis (a gateway drug) I don't want crappy PSA's

I pay for Netflix, I dont get a single ad
I have prime and I usually get 1 ad before a show starts, but then I have 2 or 3 hours

I think on episodes I dont (can't remember)

I'm not paying $13 bucks so I cant see adverts (which is all your getting) and for the money NOT to go to content creators.

I may do, if they say, choose which content creators you wish to see benefit from a % of your payment.. "fine"

$13bucks is batshit crazy

For a TRILLION $ company like google, is like you giving a few $'s to Africa to help them stop hunger. It's nothing

Quote:
Originally Posted by vreihen16 View Post
Electricity, bandwidth, disk storage, processor power, cooling, data center taxes, support staff, health benefits, that neat adult ball pit in every Google office building, etc.....
Appreciate 0