View Single Post
      04-14-2008, 08:43 AM   #72
dagjohnsen
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW E92 325dM Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ant397 View Post
Im afraid there is no sh!te from me good buddy.

And as I said, you cant measure torque directly, it is a calculated figure from the hp figure that has to have a spot on rpm measurement to achieve a sound reliable torque figure. And I know what it takes to get the correct rpm figure from a diesel. And I know what realistic torque you can get from a simple re-map.

I never for one minute said torque was worth nothing, did I? You talking sh!te again?

Anyway, I personaly know that from our experience a 325d with 290 bhp and 660nm torque is going to be a problem waiting to happen. If they are so well up on these things, how many cars have they bought and run themselves? How many shake down tests have they done on these cars, customer or their own for them to say it will be fine still in 20,000 miles? Simple questions.

I can tell you now, that yes the turbo is the same, but not the injectors, auto gearbox, fuel rail, DME control unit, cylinder head, the intake valves are smaller, it also doesnt have a vaccum intake manifold. Do you really think BMW would just change a badge and make the 325d the bargain of the century.

They have altered the intake, fuel supply and gearbox to accomodate for the reduced power. If anybody did increase the fueling to 330d levels I can guarantee you that the end of the injectors would start to fail first with the increased demand and they are not cheap at around £250 a piece. Its also the first tell tale warning that a car has been mapped excessivley by the way when anyone in the know see's it.

But enough of my sh!te, what do I know!
I`ll be back

With an answer of course, will check all the details you are mentioning and very curious about what I find. Seems like you are very certain, and if you are right I will bow for the master ant of tuning.

Just to put you in your place, you did say : It is also worth noting that your engine will only produce its max torque figure at around 2,000 to 2,500rpms depending on the map.

And you were also the gentleman starting so politely to use the word sh!te,
and in my books thats really an impressive way to address people

Im really wondering who knows best.........you are Hartge/ESStuning
It could be you ant, but I really hope its not!

Last edited by dagjohnsen; 04-21-2008 at 01:32 PM..
Appreciate 0