View Single Post
      07-29-2019, 05:28 PM   #2
rparnel1
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2014 328d

I also got to enjoy the M town tour in Ft Worth, Texas a few weeks ago. Had signed up to drive the 617 hp M5 competition at 1:00 pm.

Was expecting an attendant/chaperone to go with me on the ride, but instead, they handed me the keys and said be back in 20 minutes.

Wow! That might have been a mistake on their part and I fully took advantage of it. Drove it like I had stole it. Not proud of the many traffic law I broke in that short 20 minutes, but again, WOW!

617 hp in a twin turbo V8 AWD track vehicle was something special. Was limited on top speeds because I was in the city, but stomped on it every it chance. Handling and braking were superb. Acceleration was amazing, along with sounding pretty good.

Will never be in my budget, but it was nice to experience it.

I was gone about 25 minutes, instead of 20, but it was no problem for them. When I turned in the key, the attendant asked if I wanted drive another, which was an M3.

It was only 450 hp in a RWD turbo 6, so it was kind of a dog after what I had just got thru driving, but was still plenty awesome

A really enjoyable experience
Appreciate 1
sygazelle11492.00