Thread: Bay area meet?
View Single Post
      12-04-2009, 09:38 AM   #12
imz4n
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2006 3,0 si TITANIUM SIlVER

If I may stick my noise in. The way we got our group going was people would post that they were going for a drive and people that had time and nothing going started showing up. Cali is hard to get times and dates to match up for all people. Posting in advance is better as some will not make plans to go elsewhere, however, the spur of the moment works also.Just post a time and a place to meet and where you are headed ( have some sort of a plan ) be flexible in a place to have a meal. Say you are going line dancing or to a car meet, post the time and place you will be leaving from, the event , and any other info you may have and do it even if only you show up, take pics and post them and in time you will start having meets. Robyn and I would post we were going for a beach drive or attending a festival and it took a while, but before long people started showing up. I gathered emails from people and sent BCC emails to let people know something was going on ( not all people are on the forums every day or even every week or even on the same forum ). I now have 336 emails and I get about 15 or so cars to show up to a given event. Soon you will find a core group and and what I call floaters ( people that show up when the time and event matches ) . Busy people and busy lives. You are going place and doing things anyway. Invite some really great people to go with and tag along.

I have met people from out of state and out of country doing this, I see someone posting they are coming to cali for work or vacation and I contact them and see if they want to meet up and share with them a meal and some great cali roads and beaches. Several years ago , the wife had business in SF and I would post when we would be there and the like and was only ever to meet up with Rosie. Good people that Rosie. Take pics and post them it will let people know you are having fun and they are missing out. LOL

Sorry for such a long post. Make it happen you all are missing out. LOL