View Single Post
      07-15-2008, 04:48 AM   #19
Sales@Evolve
Rep
Drives: Slow

Quote:
Originally Posted by smiffy335 View Post
Now that does sound a bit too much for a 2 litre. Do you have any dyno charts for it.

@Imran. What I meant was 220bhp sounds like quite a hike for a 2 litre for everyday driving. My 335d is reputed to be 350bhp and 700nm which is, as you say around the same specific output as your 2 litre conversion. I just assume that the 335 is a much tougher unit, and can easily take it. I am more than happy with mine, but realise that I may have to have it re flashed at warranty time. I don't mind a bit of ducking and diving on these occasions.

My sister however just wants to jump in and drive a quicker car with no issues at all. I know that's difficult. She wants the best of both worlds. Do you think a tuning box would be a better option for her. Is it something that she can simply unplug if 'needs be'?

Sorry for the dumb question, but I have always had mine mapped, and would never bother with a tuning box. I just don't want her moaning at me if things go wrong
That result was for an Audi 3.0TDi

The 320d unit is just as tough as any.

I think your sister should get a remap done. If she is really concerned then we can give her something a little more tame than usual. It will still make a big difference.
Appreciate 0