View Single Post
      05-09-2008, 08:00 AM   #6
shenard
Captain
Rep
Drives: '09 X6 50i AW

Garage List
2009 BMW X6 50i  [0.00]
Morty, I think you my be mistaking the 35i and 50i. The 35i for delivery in June/July will be '08 models. As of now, production for the 50i is still scheduled for late August-Early September and will be '09 model. This is what was confirmed to me by the regional dealer rep that was at my dealer a few weeks ago. I would think our regional rep would have a pretty good idea but you never know.

Have you seen anything published anywhere that says 50i will be a 2008?

Not sure about the extended leather though as I have not been able to confirm that yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by morty View Post
I’ve been pressuring my dealer to clarify what model-year the first V8 cars will be… he finally got the local BMW representative to verify that the first production runs will indeed be model-year 2008 cars. You will not be able to order a 2009 until September/October; likely 2 months after the last run on the 2008 cars.

Also, Extended Leather (the gorgeous leather dash and upper trim on all doors), is not available at all on model-year 2008 cars, but will likely be available for model year 2009 cars. I don’t know if this is only US cars, or all for all global delivery…

I know some of you guys have been told your xDrive50i on order for June/July delivery will be MY’09… you should verify this one more time – if you think getting an ’08 would be a problem; it would be better to be safe than sorry.

If anyone has a very good source that disputes this data from this specific BMW rep, please post it… I was really hoping to get an ’09 xDrive50i earlier than October / November!!!

For me personally, I think it’s just a little too late in the year to order an ’08 – I have decided to wait for one of the first ’09 cars – and since I really wanted the leather dash, all the better… How will I make it another 5-6 months?!!! …I guess I will just have to live vicariously through all of your comments, pictures and reviews… so please keep ‘em coming..!
Appreciate 0