Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 128i

Garage List
2009 BMW 128i  [9.80]
Quote:
Originally Posted by hyperzulu View Post
What exactly is there to get excited or depressed about? I haven't heard anything factual... we know the car has two doors, four exhaust pipes and a roundel. I take everything else with a grain of salt.
Even thought BMW hasn't come out and said for certain what it will have, you can definitely assume aluminum suspension components, wider fenders/wheels/tires, LSD, improved steering and quicker steering ratio, stiffer subframe bushings, beefier front strut brace, stronger spindles, bigger brakes. I mean it's being marketed as a true M car after all, so they literally HAVE to have that stuff or face getting slammed by auto review magazines. Other than that, I'm not sure what the big deal is. I mean, look what they did with the 1M, it was basically an M3 in a 1 series chassis/body with a tuned N54 engine. You can expect the exact same from the M2. Hopefully they take out some sound insulation here and there to keep the weight down and to also make this thing a little more exciting. The current gen BMWs I've driven have been really boring iyam
Appreciate 0