07-31-2013, 11:55 AM   #9
kenny@velosdesignwerks
United_States
Rep
Drives: silver

Quote:
Originally Posted by shady908 View Post
Hey all,

Many of you probably don't know me, I've recently picked up an F10 M5, coming from an E64 M6. Before I'm from a Procharged 650whp C6, TT G35 584whp, and various other tuner cars. You can search me on various forums under the same username "Shady908". I have been eager to see tuning results on this new M5 since before I even bought it, luckily I saw the thread created by Velos Designwerks the other day & decided to give their tune a try.

•Goals•
My car is a lease, so I was looking to retain factory-like feel, as well as gain some power. Making sure the tune wasn't going to actually show up on a typical dealer maintenance visit was crucial too. I come from the high HP world, with huge TQ & turbo's spooling up with crazy power, I wanted to see someone tune these engines to show what they can really do... As many of you probably feel, the stock F10 M5 is great, but it feels tamed.

•Velos Designwerks•
Don't really want to make this review about them as a company, but I will tell you they are a class act, nice clean shop. Staff is all very friendly, and Omar is a really cool guy to talk to. Some of them including Omar have an AA background, so they know their stuff.

•Results•
Went out for a ride with Omar to an abandoned road, did multiple 20-80mph runs just to really feel the car. At this point I was NOT worried about power at all, I was more focused on drivability, throttle response, and overall driving experience compared to stock. The throttle is definitely more responsive, the exhaust (stock) makes a more noticeable "back surge" during shifts. Very noticeable the car was pulling harder throughout the 3500-5500 range too. After talking with Omar, back at the shop, for awhile I headed back home (about an hour of highway driving) and this is when I really noticed the midrange power. Coming from the S85 V10 in the M6, which is really just meant for revving the piss out of, this new tune coupled with the new engine is just so much more enjoyable. On the highway at approx. 70mph in 3/4 gear, overtaking a car, the way this thing is eating the road is incredible. No other words for it. It finally feels as if someone let this full sized dog out of the cage to run around the yard.

Overall, I'm very happy, I've tested the car out from an array of speeds & conditions. (I'm someone who actually DRIVES my cars) Must say this tune is very good especially when you do a good mix of driving like myself 50/50 city/highway. I've had Cobb tuned STI, Vishnu tuned 335, HKS FCON tuned G35, and an array of other piggyback tunes, the Velos tune is definitely solid!

I'm sure some will ask why this over the Eurocharged tune or others, and for the respect of supporting vendors on this board, if you'd like to know why just PM me.
I will probably be really bad at checking this thread, so just PM me!

Happy driving!

-Sean

Thank you for the kind words and enjoy the car in good health.

To all our local F10 M5 owners, we will be offering FREE before and after dyno runs for a limited time. Please feel free to PM me to set up an appointment.
Appreciate 0