View Single Post
      12-30-2016, 02:36 PM   #1
anom3
Captain
Rep
Drives: F30 335ix

F30 Lane Departure retrofit - The correct way (w/button!)

In the spirit of contributing to a forum which has answered countless questions of mine:

Having just UNSUCESFULLY tried to retrofit 5AS with an FSC loaded KAFAS2 + emulator, I did not want to give up.

I ordered what appears to be a set of buttons for an F01 series.

The reason being, as many know, with the F30, its either lane departure + front colision warning, or neither.

I know lane departure can be coded in, but I never liked the idea of not being able to turn it off. So I looked around, turns out lane departure was available as a stand alone option for the F01 series.

Without further adieu:

It works. I used the coding that is widely available. And threw in this set of buttons, and, yep... It works!

Two things worth mentioning:

A) You will need to order yet another set of F30 buttons that has JUST the 2 buttons (so essentially it will be FCW + LDW) because the F01 frame is different.

B) The part #, that is in the images below... I can't seam to find it anywhere online :/ None of the parts catalogs have it. But I am sure if you look around you will find it.

PS : To clarify: F30 (as far as I know) had only the following available:

5AG = Lane change warning
5AS = Lane departure warning + Front colision warning

Front colision warning CANNOT easily be retrofitted as it requires FSC codes, which BMW will not sell you because its a "safety" system. Yeah its possible with an emulator, but it did not work for me.

So the button set you order online will have either 5AG, 5AS or 5AG + 5AS.

Here to answer any questions, enjoy!
Attached Images

Appreciate 0