View Single Post
      01-29-2021, 04:37 PM   #88
Davin21
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: Infiniti Q60RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by RMachuca3d View Post
As an exercise in value, a mini countryman S all4 (2017+), which is practically the same mechanically as the m235i GC is dirt cheap, and new is about 10k cheaper comparatively optioned (not based on MSRP, but actual price paid vs M235i GC)...... it doesnt add up for BMW, they priced themselves out of that segment.

Compared to rival offerings in the same category, they all have things that bring them above the 2 series, for example the MB A35 AMG, the interior is just fantastic, great performance and you're not sitting 20 feet above the ground.... Cadillac CT4V, RWD LSD standard and can be bought new for 40k or less (MSRP is 45k, but no one pays that ever) with the awesome handling of the alpha platform.... thats just two options right there that are already heads and shoulders dynamically and aesthetically above the m235i GC.... BMW better start slashing prices or incentivize heavily, otherwise I see them sitting on lots for a while.
I see your point. However, it is all a matter of personal taste. Interior wise I like the BMW better. The Mercedes screen may look nice but in my opinion it is just a stretched ipad that looks tacky. Although my M235i does have almost every single option available, don't think that I paid even close to the 56K it was valued at with all of them. Second, I don't want RWD and the Cadillac didn't even make it to the shortlist. The new Audi S3 coming doesn't really excite me either. The M235i is different and I like it.
Appreciate 3
J-RO2098.50
Vukovi4.50