05-24-2008, 07:23 AM   #17
imported_Dodgy
First Lieutenant
Australia
Rep
Drives: SG 135i 6M

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swift135 View Post
Hey Dodgy, I gave my car a squirt in 2nd till about 5k rpm onto a freeway yesterday, i have been impressed until now but that left me speechless The only other time i have be sat back in my seat so hard was when i went for a 2 lap run with Paul Morris in his group A V8 race car. And the noise at 5000 just music to the ears. The users manual suggests keeping below 4500 rpm for 2000km, I don't think I could hold back for that long.
What are you impressions so far? Have you given it a couple of stabs yet?
Have given it a couple and loved it. Got scared, but loved it. Dealer poo pooed the "run-in" stuff, but like you, I am trying to be disciplined.

Have managed to fire up the DTC a couple of times. Not at speed, just punching out of tight corner or roundabout.... Lots of flashing yellow on the dash.. Love it.

I love how it goes, and this is using 4000 of the available 7000 rev band. Look out >2000k's!

I think driving this thing after 3-6 months will just be a blast. You won't have to drive it fast (but I am sure we will occasionally) to enjoy it. Much like my old WRX, I got more pleasure out of going "fast" at slow speeds rather than out and out pace (eg cornering faster than normal, sweeping bends at twice recommended speed etc), which I am sure is the same for us all.