View Single Post
      04-11-2008, 10:00 AM   #1
golfinaz
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 428i

Exclamation Rattles or Noises Anyone??

I will begin this by letting you know I am very OCD about nosies and rattles in my cars. I had an E90 sedan before my 135 and there was a noises that made me count down the days until I could dump it. Now I was all excited about my 1-er because it seemed to be tighter than a drum...until about 3 days ago. I seem to have developed a rattle or vibration coming from over my left shoulder when driving. I can't figure out if it's the seat belt mechanism, the plastic panel that mates up with the headliner, or the dreaded other. I am almost throwing my shoulder out, twisting it around to try and stifle the noise while driving since it only makes it when going over bumps or rough pavement. It seems worse when the car has sat all night, like the panels warm up during the day and expand a little so they don't rub.

My experience with these is that the dealer can never find the source or says they couldn't replicate the noise and then the car makes the noise again on my way home from the dealer. :iono:I am sick about this because it's only 2 weeks old and 35 months and 2 weeks is way to long to have to wait to get out of a car because of a ridiculously irritating noise.

Anyone with some thoughts to help my obsessiveness from taking over and ripping apart every interior panel tonight to find it!!!
Appreciate 0