cole3488
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: e92 m3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nine Lives View Post
Yes,
The problems I experienced were with a mk1 or .1 if you will and that was with the bore scoring.Preventative maintenance can be done with the IMS which the .2 doesn't have of course.The engine is completely different with cooling around the cylinder liners being one of the main differences.The cooling issue in the .1 was one of the main culprits to scoring and mods can get done...but it gets tedious.

The .2 is a far better car but also more expensive ~£13/15K more expensive in the UK to upgrade to the cheapest .2.

Sat nav isn't brilliant and everything is starting to show its age now we're in this digital world and look tired especially the .1,however my original latter comments still remain for whatever model variant you go for.

I always end up using my phone for my nav so that really doesn't bug me.I agree when I sat in it looked really outdated. It looks like a brand new car until you see that lol. This would be an add to my current cars. I think that I will wait for a bit and get a 997.2 in maybe four years when those prices come down. or do you think it would be better to get a .1 and put the cash in as preventative?
Appreciate 0