04-29-2016, 11:27 AM   #11
cole3488
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: e92 m3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nine Lives View Post
The best thing about the 997 is the communicative steering imo.Having had the /1 and having had my fingers burnt badly due to bore scoring I wouldn't touch another,that's not to say it happens to everybody,just that I've been unlucky on both occasions with Porsche.I'm sure there are many happy owners out there though.

Like Robin has mentioned a light front end takes a little bit of acquaintance.
I didn't think the low down torque was that amazing and you do have to make full use of the revs to enjoy it.Personally I think Porsches' are an acquired taste,you either get on with them or you don't.

What doesn't help is the antique tech,reliability,servicing and general expense that contributes to it's downside,I'm far happier with the idea of having an up to date,more practical performance coupe like the M2 with a new warranty these days that constitutes some sort of sensible pricing structure.

I went from an e92 m3 zcp to my current m2 and also have an e46 330ci as my daily. I heard the ims issues are fixed on the 997.2. Also I was watching some videos last night cant you do preventative replace the bearing. When you are talking about the outdated tech is that just the nav etc? I think that the latestet 997.2 has a better set up. Also what are your thoughts compared from the 997 to the 991.1?
Appreciate 0