View Single Post
      07-28-2020, 09:34 AM   #18
USA-RET
Captain
Rep
Drives: Estoril Blue M240i

Quote:
Originally Posted by cfm56d7b View Post
Cannot wait for a Tesla alternative featuring a more securely attached bumpers without the risk of unexpected detachment.

I googled "Tesla bumper detachment" and only found one reference to someone driving in the rain and the bumper detached. So much of what you can find on the Internet is repeated information or stories w/o and confirmation.

If this did in fact happen once-twice-three times based on the number of cars sold, I would not classify this as systemic.

There is a constituency that does not like Elon Musk, or his products and will parrot any negative they can find, whether true/false or indifferent. There are few stock traders doing their best to see Tesla fail.

When I see a factory recall on all their cars for bumper detachment I will put some credence to that claim. Too much "click bait" to assume everything posted is true.

I recall a story about BMW's spontaneously bursting into flames when parked. Following that logic we should all hold off buying "Biimmers" until that problem is rectified.
Appreciate 0