View Single Post
      09-14-2015, 08:43 PM   #13
nike001
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 718 Cayman

Modern day cars are mitigating power/torque when you don't even know it, just like moldcad said in post #8. I'm not sure how/where OP learned to drive but I've never experienced anything like he's mentioned in his dozens of posts and multiple threads complaining about whatever issue he may having (that I'm still entirely unsure of what he's talking about)

In everyday driving, one would/should never notice DTC/DSC intervening.. and only under some pretty significant slip conditions will the light flash. You know what would happen if that light flashed every time DTC activated? HELL. HUNDREDS of people complaining about the light, saying the BMW is junk. I had to show a middle-aged woman who works in an ER near me how that she has to PUSH her high-beam arm for the high beams to come on, not hold it backwards because "they never stay on." People like her are the people that'd be complaining about the flashing light.

These cars are made for the masses, with BMW basically having to assume 100% of the people buying their cars know NOTHING about cars except how to go forwards and backwards. Would normal know-nothing people want to see the DTC light flashing every time she got on the car? No way. So because every-day brain-dead people wouldn't want to see it, us 'enthusiasts' don't get to see it either. People buying the brand now usually don't care how they drive, their technologies or anything else - they just want the magical BMW badge. That's what's happening to this brand in the modern-day.

In the mean-time, I'll drive in Comfort/Sport with seemingly no issues, Sport+ when I want some nannies preventing me from being too sideways and/or destroying my rear tires and DSC off when I feel like annihilating a set of rear tires
Appreciate 0