View Single Post
      09-12-2015, 08:44 AM   #1
moldcad
Major
Poland
Rep
Drives: M235i

Throttle lag mystery: partially solved for me

Sort of a late observation, after suffering from the infamous throttle lag (dealy, tip-in) problem - first in my previous F10 528xi, now in my M235i and Golf 7 R. The thing is that we usually only get rid of some of the electronic nannies (DSF off completely, or at lest DTC on) when driving spiritedly - but then, we usually also switch Sport mode on, don't we? This changes the sfift points of our AT, so the increades RPM gets rid (mostly) of the throttle lag by itself...

But imagine now being in Comfort mode - either standing still at the traffic lights, or just cruising with the miserable 1200 RPM on the tachometer. Sudden opening of throttle will almost always make you wait a little before the car starts accelerating... Today I experimented a little and switched DSC off completely while staying in Comfort mode - a rather unusual combination... Guess what: no threttle delay/lag/hesitation whatever you call it!

Conclusion: at least partially, those hesitation moments are caused by DSC intervening and cutting power when by opening the throttle we are expecting immediate acceleration! It's understandable considering that our turbo engines output considerable torque even at such low RPM, hence DSC intervention... To me, the throttle dekay mystery has been solved by this observation. Please try yourself; comments welcome.
my RWD pirate & long-distance cruiser: 2015 M235i AT8, LSD
Appreciate 0