basim07
First Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E93 330i & E90 330D

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drrncour View Post
http://www.tradingstandards.gov.uk/c...V0003-1011.txt

This the link to buying used car from a dealer (The law) not sure if you have read through this yet.
A dealer can offer to fix a car if a problem with the car once reported as this as this is deemed as the dealer responding reasonably to a fault with the car. What is deemed as a reasonable amount of time to fix the car is a little grey; however how long would a normal garage take to source parts/ fix it is a good indicator.
When I had to return a car through the sales of goods act, I was told that if they fixed the issue I found with the car in a reasonable amount of time, then they didn’t have to refund the car, as it was used, 100% perfect was not guaranteed and they had rectified fault.
I always pay by credit card when buying expensive goods., then pay the credit card straight off as the credit company then a obligation for the purchased goods. I got a refund as I went through my card company and did a charge back.
What is annoying, is they can legally reduce the amount refunded due to you being another owner, ect (annoying I know, but perfectly legal)
How was the car paid for?

thanks for the quick reply bud

ah i see, I've only just realised the credit card thing now, knowledge for the future i guess now.

She paid by cash and got a receipt. I forgot to tell her to pay by card as then there is always a trail of the money but what's done is done now.

They've had the car for a week now, surely that's more than reasonable time to fix a head gasket. It's only about half a days work as far as i'm aware...

and in regards to the MOT, can an MOT be legally passed with an oil leak under the engine bay? just want to know if i can use this is leverage?

Thanks
Appreciate 0