View Single Post
      07-12-2016, 08:51 PM   #7
parrnan
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M2 LBB DCT with the great MPE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prodigy. View Post
I have Opti-Coat Pro + on the M2 and had Opti-coat on my 135i, never was i told to use a 'big red sponge', (not even sure if you are being serious or not lol) i never use a sponge of any kind on my cars as they can lead to swirl marks & scratches as they can hold in the dirt, i only ever use a microfibre wash mit and a high quality car soap, then a car specific drying towel, never had any issues with the Opti-coat.
Good to know because I'm still not sure if I'll go with Opti-Coat Pro Plus for my M2 when I'll receive it. Originally the opti-coat installer guy told me that the best way to wash an Opti-coated car is, first to begin by rinsing the car with water to remove dirt, then use the big red sponge (no it is not a joke) with the special soap for opti-coat to wash the car small part by small part (example : wash the top and dry the top, then wash the hood then dry the hood and so on an so forth). Today he also told me that this is not absolutly mandatory and the car can be wash like any other car (as you do) but that might create micro-scratches on the car finish. The big red sponge and the special opti-coat soap is a better solution according to him but I find it complicated compared to a traditional hand car wash.

What was your 135i color ?
Appreciate 0