02-10-2011, 07:02 PM   #15
3002 tii
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: Z4 M, X5, GX460

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by nlink720 View Post
Whatever springs you get, the common tendency is the suppliers recommend 6.5" rear springs. That is way too high. 6" and GC rear adjuster at minimum is about 1.5 fingers fender gap, or equivalent to the drop seen in the H&R springs. I suggest you go with rear 5.5" or 5" springs (these are 2.25" diameter in the rear), and run the rear adjuster up since it has over an inch and a half of adjustability. Coil bind has not been even close of an issue on the 5" rear springs for me, but my rears are 900# (not much compression), so perhaps a 5.5" rear might be better at a 550 rear spring if you can find a 5.5" length.

Also, do some research on Swift springs. I have never used them, but have heard varying things. I use Hyperco and Eibach springs, and both are great.
Thanks for the heads up. I know they have 6" but no 5.5"...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serious View Post
My response to that is that suspension is the most important aspect of the car, it's what you experience every single second over every inch of road... prioritizing money spent on other areas of the car such as engine mods or wheels and sacrificing suspension improvements is a bad decision IMO.

Basically my philosophy is to spend as much money as possible on suspension.
Who's talking about sacrifice? This is obviously an upgrade over stock. Everything is relative and not everyone needs a full balls out race car. If this were a convo on springs only or some entry level off-the-shelf system I could see your point.... now back on topic please.

Last edited by 3002 tii; 02-10-2011 at 08:14 PM..
Appreciate 0