View Single Post
      10-19-2013, 06:41 AM   #6
Zipforia
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2016 BMW i8

I have a question regarding lease...

I leased a Cayenne couple of years ago and was paying close to a grand a month. I still had 10 months to go until the lease end. But since we have kids, my wife wanted to get a minivan. So we visited a Honda dealer to see what they had. The CA asked, "If I can get you out of the lease, will you take the minivan?" I didn't think the Honda dealer could get me out of a $10,000 payment left lease. But he did. And I got a great price on a minivan purchase. Granted, the car wasn't over the allotted mileage or have any damage to the car, but the dealer never asked anything like that.

My question is...can I drive a leased car as I see it...put on more miles than allotted (granted it's not excessive), and then lease/purchase another car (of different brand) and turn the current lease car over to the new dealer before my current lease is over? If the new dealer is motivated enough to get me out of my current lease and pay for any over mileage, will they do so? Or will they make me pay for the overage of miles?

Z.
Appreciate 0