11-15-2020, 10:33 PM   #405
Germanauto
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Alfa Romeo Giulia, Rosso

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoody007 View Post
True, although both the S class and the Audis are still a well balanced design. Porsche has done it best, however. By all accounts the Taycan drives like a Porsche, looks like a Porsche, and yet is very futuristic.

Consider the classic BMW formula:
Elegant styling, good ergonomics, excellent road feel, excellent handling, and a smooth, refined engine.

First, BMW killed their legendary road feel and handling with the awful Fxx cars, then they ruined their design language with the Gxx cars, starting with the 7er facelift and cumulating in the new 4er. Take away their lovely I-6, and what are you left with? Just another (ugly) luxury car.

Put another way: what's the difference between the iX and a comparable competitor from Lexus (in the future)? Nothing except the badge.

For the record, I'm 23, definitely NOT a boomer, and there is no way I will consider a BMW in the future if they continue to look like this.
Bingo. I'm also in my 20s and am thankful to have grown up with those excellent E-chassis cars which both drove amazingly well and looked incredibly handsome, save for the E60. The F-chassis cars lost their driving feel but at least looked very classically BMW. Now BMW is ruining their designs as well. So what reason do I have to be a repeat customer of the brand?

God bless the M2.
Appreciate 0