Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 F30 335i M Sport. EB 6M

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeleeyh
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicken_Joe View Post
Just get a big Daddy Mini Cat. Idk why nobody ever thinks to use that on a Catless downpipe
Good point, I've seen these around.
Million dollar question!.. Do they work efficiently?

If I eventually do get a JB4, won't that delete any CEL from the DP? So this makes the big daddy pointless, no?
Let's say I get a JB4, run map 1 without an DP, would that be okay too?

I'm just bringing up the issue of an intake leading to a CEL. This is not proven for the B58s, just speculating based on N55 experiences!
It can eliminate the CEL but the real reason I am getting one is so that it doesn't throw a CEL in the first place. If you clear the code with the JB4 you will still fail the readiness test when they plug the car in via OBD. You will need to complete the engine cycle on the car with the JB4 in map 0. With the mini cat you can not worry about clearing the code and just set the JB4 on map 0 and get it tested. It's a small price to pay. $50 or have the downpipe uninstalled and then re installed
13' 335i M Sport. EBII/Coral Red 6MT. RPI GT exhaust, Resonator delete, PS1, GFB DV , BM3 Stage 2, ER CP, VRSF DP, VRSF 5.5in Stepped FMIC, Dinan Shockware. Carbon M Performance rear diffuser. M4 trunk lip. Conti DWS06 225/40/19 and 255/35/19
Appreciate 1