Rep
Drives: blue streak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sedan_Clan View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by LemansE90335xi View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sedan_Clan View Post
Yes. We visually estimate first and the LIDAR is a confirmation tool. It doesn't have to match. We are certified through the state as being trained to visually estimate and we were tested prior to certification. I'll bring my LIDAR with me if I roll out to hang with you in July. Watch how people slow down when they see the gun. Lol! I'll let you visually estimate first and then shoot to see how close you are. It's not difficult honestly. We do it in our natural environments every day (…changing lanes, crossing streets, etc.).
A coworker of a friend of mine was ticketed for speeding and decided to challenge it in court. He worked at a company that designed and built radar systems for American tanks. He spent nearly an hour in court describing all the flaws of and different ways police radar could give a false reading. After he was done the judge asked him what made him such an expert on radar. He told the judge that he was in fact an expert on radar systems and that he designs them for foreign military use. The judge responded with something along the lines of, Ok, I see. He then asked the LEO if he thought the defendant was speeding. The LEO said yes and the judge said "Guilty. Pay the fine on your way out."
There's plenty of case law supporting the efficacy of radar/lidar. That's why the judge ruled in favor of the officer as well. The errors that do exist in radar benefit the motorist (….cosine effect).
Have you ever seen a traffic lawyer use cosine error to get a client out of a speeding ticket?
Appreciate 0