View Single Post
      07-31-2019, 11:33 PM   #10
onenutt
Private
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2008 128i Sedona Red 6MT

Drivers side a/c not as cold as passenger side.

Going to revive an old thread to try and get some advice. I thought my a/c wasn't as cold as it used to be so I took it in to my local indy and asked them to recharge the system. They told me that the passenger side was normal but the drivers side was not getting as cold. They said it is either the blend door or the actuator and it would be a minimum of 10 hours to take the thing apart to find out. They did not do a recharge because they said it would make no difference.

So now I am left wondering if it needs a recharge or not? When I turn the drivers side temp control to the colderst setting I have hear something shutting closed. Likewise when I turn the drives side temp to the hottest setting I also hear something close. I would assume what I am hearing is the blend door?

Does this mean that my blend door is working? I get heat and I get cold... just not very cold. Could it be that the system needs a recharge and the Indy has misdiagnosed? I have the automatic system if that makes any difference.
Appreciate 0