View Single Post
      04-10-2021, 08:30 AM   #13
Bimbam
Rep
Drives: 981 Cayman S

Quote:
Originally Posted by 330XDave View Post
If I were you I'd buy the bloody thing before someone beats you to it and you'll be regretting your hesitance.
I put the deposit down on it and will be test driving soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ennoch View Post
I think that depends if it's only been used for short town journeys, or parked up a lot and used for fewer longer journeys. I looked at an '11 FFRR with 50k on it just before buying the 3 and it was a farmer's 'nice' car - he used the farm Fourtrak for any short stuff and the FFRR only did longer trips. Similarly for short journeys with my ex we'd always use her Fabia and my cars would be used on longer journeys. I totally take the point though that it's difficult to know unless you actually speak to the original owner.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Armaan View Post
Take your point too - very tough balance and hard to tell when it comes to AUC rather than a private sale.
That was a bit of a worry. Looking at the history and speculating 6 years may mean two PCP agreements of 3 years. The first one took the car to about 7k then the next was to about 19k. So 1st driver didn't drive it often and the second driver was at about 4k a year. The second driver did have it on private plates hopefully meaning it was looked after. The first driver did spec it with some very nice specs for a car that they were not going to keep so similarly would hope the engine was treated how it should have been.

Do you have any idea what to look for in the test drive to identify future issues?
Appreciate 1
Rathian155.00